Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pulmonary Appointment

I came back to work today although I did have to make a concentrated effort to get out of bed on time and into the shower.  It’s pretty bad when that becomes an effort!  I am still in a fog today, but I don’t feel as depressed as yesterday.  That was such an awful feeling.  I really didn’t intend for this journal to be such a negative or Debbie Downer place to vent and be frustrated at.  I really do have positive feelings about what I am going to be doing and the big changes coming.  I am even thinking about starting a VLOG of my own on Youtube to use in conjunction with this journal.  I will give it a try anyway.  It’s kind of scary, but as long as I am mostly anonymous, I think it will be ok.

This morning while I was getting ready for work, I received a call from the pulmonology office.  I assumed it was just reminding me of my appointment tomorrow, however, they instead wanted to see if I was willing to come in today at 1:00 instead.  I told them I needed to clear it with work first but I would call them back.  As I was pulling into the parking lot it and didn’t see my bosses red mustang parked there, I remembered the managers are all out of town until Friday.  Ugh!  I called her anyway, knowing full well she’s riding in a car with the other managers so I am probably now a topic of conversation, but she approved the change in my schedule for today and also allowed me off tomorrow for a vacation day.  Oh joy!  I get a day free to clear my head and get my stuff together.  But once again, I am not liking the fact I am probably a topic of discussion in their travels today.

So, I am finally having my consult with Dr. Sadaj today.  I have no idea what to expect with his testing…the original pulmonologist I was scheduled with, told me there would be some tests and it could take 2-3 hours.  The girl today said it would only be an hour.  It concerns me that the doctor today might not know the tests that Dr. Korn wanted done on me.  I think I will print out the orders I saw on mychart to take with me.  I don’t want to tell a doctor what to do, but I also don’t want to have to reschedule more appointments and extend this out longer than is necessary.  I need some light at the end of the tunnel!

Ok, it's later now.  The appointment went ok.  He looked in my mouth and measured my neck, took my vitals and told me its highly likely I do have sleep apnea.  Apparently I have a large tongue, (isn't that a lovely image) and my neck circumference  is large and my neck is short.  All those together prove the fact that I'm a freak.  But anyway....there was a bit of a process working out how to get insurance to cover this because even more hoops become an issue.  However, when he added in my high blood pressure, diabetes and also restless leg syndrome (which I didn't really know I had problems with) I suddenly become a candidate without all the hoop jumping.  So, I have my sleep study scheduled for this Friday, and see Dr. Sadaj again on the 25th to look over my results.  Then he will equip me with a cpap machine and I guess monitor me for another month before he releases me to the surgeon.  So....more waiting...but I keep reassuring myself that this is the last step.  Anyway, I hope this is the last step!!

No comments:

Post a Comment