Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Freaking Myself Out

I have been marathoning some online vloggers that have discussed their journey to weight loss with surgery.  I found a particularly good one last night and was really relating to the things she said and how much she seemed to be thinking and talking about the same things I am thinking and feeling about this process.  It was all good and well until her surgery arrived and within a week of the surgery she was back in the hospital with a collapsed lung.  It took her about 3 weeks before she seemed to find her groove.  I feel like I need to contact this woman and ask her if she has regrets about the surgery or if it was all she had hoped for.  She's losing weight well and that at least is going the way she wants it, but some of the trials she has gone through sound like there were big regrets.

Does everyone have buyers remorse and some point?  Right now I am in the mode where everything is about jumping through the hoops, meeting the requirements and doing what I can to be ready and aware of what I am up against.  I don't think there is a thing I can do to actually be prepared though.

I went into my medical chart today since I had blood work done again this morning for my diabetes.  It's still very high at 9.2.  In May it was 9.5.  Not much of an improvement.  That alone, should be enough of reason why this needs to be done.  *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment