Monday, August 1, 2016

Psycho Day!

Today I am scheduled to have my psychological evaluation.  I've read a bit on the topic so I somewhat know what to expect, but it sounds like most of it is taken up with filling out a lot of paper work and then meeting with the doctor for a little bit.  I understand that they want to know that I am prepared for the changes in my life this surgery will impose, as well as, if I am emotionally capable of avoiding going off the deep end when all is said and done.  Nevertheless, the notion of seeing this doctor has me feeling a bit nervous.  Most likely because, this isn't a type of doctor I ever go see and I guess there is a bit of a stigma attached to it.  It's just such an unknown.

I did fill out the preliminary paperwork with the pulmonologist on Friday.  That appointment will happen on the 11th.  The main concern will be if I need a sleep study and how long that will take.

As to exercise.  I was very discouraged with myself because of not being able to advance with the Couch to 5 K because of my physical limitations.  I even skipped any work out on Friday.  But, today I got on the treadmill and pushed things back to week 3, day 3.  It was the last workout I was able to finish without feeling like a failure, and it still made me sweat, got my heart rate up and I think was a good place for me to stay for awhile.  After the surgery, and I have dropped some weight, I can move forward from there.  It seems wise to me.  And there isn't any reason for me to feel like I am a failure just because I am staying where I am at.  This should be somewhat fun if I am going to stick with it.  I guess if it becomes too easy, I can move forward.  I can't imagine that happening though because I was wiped out after doing it this morning!

Tomorrow, I get the blood work done for my quarterly wellness check with my regular doctor.  It's not going to be that good, because my blood sugar has been very high.  I also have to admit that I was a little stressed when I saw the surgeon a month ago and he told me not to lose very much weight so I am not disqualified from weight loss surgery by my insurance.  I confess that has made me slack in weight loss attempts and I have pretty much eaten whatever I want and when I want.  This week...I am going to pay attention, make better choices and get down a couple pounds before I see my doctor for the follow up to the blood work next week.

For the most part, it feels like my blog posts are quite boring and full of uninteresting information.  I think though, someday down the line, I am going to enjoy going back and re-reading the process of the journey.  No one but me has ready any of this, but I guess someday I might promote it out there in case anyone else would find it interesting.  I know that I have liked reading about other's journeys,  

No comments:

Post a Comment