Monday, August 15, 2016

Another Monday and time to kick it into gear

With my sleep study complete, I have met all requirements.  Of course, there is the reality of whether I passed the study and will be released for surgery, or whether there is more waiting to be done.  But, in the meantime, I have some things I can do.

The biggest reality is, I have been moaning and groaning about how much time all of this is taking and quite honestly, I could be trying a bit harder with my own goals.  My weight loss is non-existent and my exercise has gone back to nothing in the last couple weeks.

This morning, I made myself get on the treadmill again.  I walked, only walked, 37 minutes.  It's OK it wasn't running. My fitbit is standing at 4867 right now and that's not bad at all.  In fact, I believe I can get in my 10,000 step goal today if I take a couple breaks and go on a walk.  Or, maybe I can talk Trey into walking with me tonight.  Time will tell.  But, I am doing this walking thing,  If I can't make these habits now, it's not going to do me any good after surgery if I never get exercise.

I had ordered some protein powder from bariatriceating.com and tried out the white chocolate and strawberry shake for breakfast this morning.  I made it with 1% milk and a couple of ice cubes in my nutribullet.  It has that protein powder after taste that is hard to avoid, but its a bit like a strawberry Quick.  Not too bad.  20 grams of protein in the powder and an additional 6 in the 3/4 cup of milk.  I think that's a pretty good way to start my day.  I will take a cup of yogurt to work with me for a snack later as well.

So, no more excuses and being lazy.  It's time for me to do my part.  And I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment