Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Been A Few Days

I haven't taken any time to update this blog since my sleep study results last Wednesday.  I have to admit I have been feeling discouraged because of the fact I am now being told I have sleep apnea, have to use a cpap machine for 30 days and then have the results discussed again with Dr. Sadaj before Dr. Korn gets the all clear to schedule my surgery.  I still think that the sleep study was a waste of time...even he said it was mild sleep apnea, but I will play the game.  And, once I get the all clear...if I can't tell this thing makes any difference in the quality of rest I get, I will make a decision then if it's something I will continue to use.  But, at least until a healthier weight is acquired, I will try to be a good girl and use the cpap.

If I could ever get the darn machine!  I have been waiting for Norco since Wednesday afternoon to call me to say when I can come in and get the thing.  Today I tried calling them to see what the hold up is, and every time I was sent over to a voicemail in their clinical department. Finally, at the end of the business day, I called Dr. Sadaj's office to see if they forgot to send the info to Norco...because it's been 5 days.  (Technically, 4 business days).  The girl on the other end assured me the info was sent, but she isn't sure why they wouldn't have contacted me yet.  She said she would contact them again, but since it was the end of business she expected they would contact me tomorrow morning.  I do hope so.  I don't want to have to reschedule my appointment for a later date with Dr. Sadaj.

Some new developments on the homefront.  My son, has sent his papers in for his mission.  He had his last interview Sunday, and I guess now it will be sent over to SLC to be reviewed.  We could know in a few weeks where he is to be sent.  It's exciting, and coming up sooner than we knew it would.  Of course, with my surgery, hopefully in October, he could also leave in October.  I guess I am concerned about the timing of the 2 events.  But, for my son, I would postpone my surgery to make sure that is taken care of first.

A part of me is ready to be an empty nester and another part of me wonders if it will be terrible to be so alone.  It's the way it's supposed to be though.  I guess now will be the time to take care of me. And since my husband is away from home about 75% of the time....I will get to test that out.

So, I have made a commitment, starting tomorrow, I am going to lose 10 pounds before I see the weight loss doctor next. That may not be until the end of September or even into October, but it's time I get back on track and do what I am supposed to do.  I have been entirely too relaxed and deliberately off track because of my attitude about all these things I am going through, no more nonsense.  It's a totally realistic goal and I can do it.  I don't have to lose more than 10, just the lost the 10 and maintain the loss until surgery.

My fitbit is charging and I am going to wake up and get on the treadmill tomorrow morning before work.  I will strive for 10,000 steps a day, count calories and drink lots and lots of water.  

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment