Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thoughts on Day 1

This is just a quick entry since I am drinking my first shake of day 2 and was reflecting on how my first day went.  Admittedly I was overwhelmed at the beginning of the day.  I wanted to make sure I was doing things right and didn't want to make any missteps.  The end of the day was probably the hardest part for me and all of that is because I struggle with being an evening snacker.  I am not in the least hungry when I do this, it's just the way my brain is wired to keep eating and eating, always thinking about the next thing I could eat and if I should go and get it.  And then, if I'm not careful, I act on the impulse mindlessly.  So, last night, after I ate my sensible dinner of salmon, salad and a small amount of rice, I kept feeling that impulse to look for a snack.   I am happy to say that I avoided it and drank some water instead, but those feelings are very frustrating.  If I am not mindful, I can easily plow through a bunch of extra calories that are not necessary.

So, one day down!

And I know I am not supposed to weigh every day, but I do this anyway....186.4...I am down 2.6 lbs!  Yes, I know its water weight...but I am still happy to see it less than it was yesterday morning!!

So, now I am drinking my morning shake and then need to jump in the shower.  I have an early start today because I have a dental appointment early this morning.  We will see how that all goes for later today and going back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment