Friday, January 19, 2018

Day ? Isagenix

I have no idea what day this is following the Isagenix plan.  How has it been going?  Well, overall I would say it is going fine.  I am not perfect with it to be honest and have had a couple episodes of unnecessary snacking in the evenings; nothing too out of control, but enough that weight loss hasn't really happened since my cleanse.  Not that any of this is bad.  I think it's real-life results.  Even though my idea was to lose weight and am using it as a weight loss plan, therefore, a diet...that doesn't mean a lifestyle change wouldn't be indicative of maintaining too.  Am I sick of drinking shakes 2 times a day?  Sort of.  I have to admit there is something satisfying of eating real food, chewing and enjoying all of that...but, once again, right now I am trying to lose weight so the sacrifice needs to be there too.  And overall, I like the shakes.  I think they have an ok flavor.  I like them better than the protein shakes from post surgery that I lived on.

I have noticed this week that each morning when I weigh myself (and yes, I know that is excessive, but I do it anyway), that my weight has gone back down fractionally, but steadily.  I think I am OK with that.  I plan on doing another cleanse day or 2 next week.  Mainly I have been following this plan each day:

First thing in the morning:  Ionix - not a big fan of the flavor.  Sometimes I drink it in hot water like a tea and that is pretty good.  Sometimes I mix it in my shake, although I am not certain if that is Ok.  Other times, I just mix it up in some water and drink it fast.  It doesn't mix very well though and leaves some grit in the bottom.  I think I may order the liquid next time and see if that is better.

Shake:  After a bit, I blend up a shake in my nutribullet.  It makes it thick like a milkshake.  I usually just have plain water and ice in with 2 scoops.  I often mix vanilla with chocolate or the strawberry.  I don't think I will order strawberry again.  It's not my favorite.  They do have chocolate mint now, so I am pretty sure I will be purchasing that one.  Sometimes I also add a chunk of frozen banana or frozen strawberries.

Snack: After a couple hours at work, I have a boiled egg.  I have really been looking forward to the egg.  It's such a complete food!  Sometimes I also have about 1/2 of a sliced apple before lunch.

Lunch:  Another shake.  This one is a little less appealing because I am at work and don't have a nutribullet there, so I just shake it up in a shaker cup with cold water and a few ice cubes.  It gets thick, but not like a shake.  More like a glutenous sort of thick.  Not as nice, but still Ok.

Snack:  Sometimes I remember to have a snack in the afternoon, but often I am busy.  If I do, it's usually a cheese stick or a few almonds.  Or both.

Dinner:  Food!  I have salmon, or chicken or I even made some Asian Lettuce wraps this week.  They were the bomb.  I will try to remember to add the recipe to my blog.

Evening....this is where it can all go downhill.  I want to snack.  All day I have been good and on track and this is my snacking time.  This is my downfall.  But, I will keep trying and not choose bad snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment