Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The End of the Cleanse

Whew...it was a long day today, but I am finally finishing up day 2 of my cleanse.  Everyone said it would be easier on the 2nd day, but honestly, I think it was easier yesterday.  Anyway, I was a success!  Tomorrow I get real food.  YAY!  I will still have my 2 shakes and a meal in the evening, or maybe I will eat lunch since I am on the late shift and then just have a shake for dinner.  That might be the way to go.


Something occurred to me this morning that I thought was a good thing to add to my journal here.  This is actually the first "diet" I have been on since having weight loss surgery 14 months ago.  And, I have been on a lot of diets in my life.  In the last 20+ years, every diet was with the realization that I had 50-60 maybe even 100+ pounds to lose.  And, I would lose 10-15 pounds and feel really good, and even stick with it until I lost 40-50 pounds a few times, but the finish line always still seemed so far away and the course very long to get there.  And after 2-5 months, something would happen, I'd go off track and with my "all-or-nothing" attitude I would pack those pounds right back on and even gain a few extra in some cases.  It's a very demoralizing feeling. 


So, this is whole new territory I am in here.  I am trying to lose around 34 pounds, of which, 9 pounds I have already lost.  Never in my dieting life that I can remember have I had such a small amount to lose to get to the goal I want to be at.  Never!  Never have I been able to see the finish line as a very possible reality!  I can do this.  I CAN DO THIS!!  And, I might add, losing 9 pounds now, is a lot different than losing 9 pounds before.  When I was caring around 250 pounds, a 9 pound loss would have been great, but not noticeable, I would probably need to lose an additional 9 to even notice my clothes fitting differently.  Nine pounds now is a much bigger deal, and honestly, a little harder to lose.  I am sure the next 9 pounds will be more of a challenge, but I know I can do it.  I can see what I need to do and now have a pretty solid tool to help me get there.


Isagenix has worked out to be a lot better than I thought it would be.  Would I have been able to lose 100+ pounds with it a year ago?  I don't know...I tend to think I wouldn't have been able to.  I do not regret my surgery, I think it saved my life.  But now I have the ability to use it along with good nutrition, self discipline and determination to get me to my goal.  I am not setting a time limit, I'm not going to be fanatical, but I do want to succeed.  So I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment