Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Isagenix Day 1

Well, here I am.  It was kind of daunting when I took everything out of the big box that arrived last evening with my Isagenix products.  I probably should have taken a picture of it all.  I read through all the materials and feel like I have a pretty good grasp of what I am supposed to be doing.

This morning I got myself out of bed with the intention to exercise and at least walk 20 minutes on the treadmill.  It was so cold in my house though (thank you winter) that I just never got out of the fuzzy robe until time to get in the shower and get ready for work.  As I write this, it is just past noon, so I am only 1/2 way through my day.  But here is how it's going so far:

I started out with a product called Ionix Supreme.  It's basically a shot size drink of some concoction that the brochure says does this:  Ionix Supreme is a nutrient-rich herbal tonic infused with natural vitamins, minerals and plant-based Adaptogens– perfect for combating the effects of stress and fatigue. Ionix is a powerful asset for building endurance and improving overall personal performance.  Sounds good to me.  I opted to pour it into warm water and drink it like a tea this morning.  I am trying to wean myself away from caffeinated drinks, so my hopes is that if it is taken this way it can give me that warm drink in the morning I enjoy.

After that I waited about 20 minutes and mixed my shake up.  I mixed one scoop of vanilla with one scoop of chocolate.  It was pretty good.  I mixed it up with some ice in my nutribullet, so it was nice and thick like an icy shake.  (of course, that means it was also super cold and contributed to my chill).  It was actually pretty good, and that's saying a lot because I spent 6 weeks dealing with sweet protein shakes after my WLS a year ago and I didn't want to drink another one.  This tastes different, however, so I was pleasantly surprised.  I also took a Natural Accelerator capsule.  According to the literature this product:  is a weight loss product which is designed to increase metabolism and fat loss, without containing stimulants or added chemicals which can lead to unpleasant side effects.  Ok, we'll see how that goes.

I can't say that I felt anything after these products other than full.  I did drink the shake pretty quickly and I had also drank about 20 oz of water as well as the "tea" so my little tummy was pretty full.

Last evening I had taken my measurements, so that awful business was already done, and I also weighed myself this morning first thing.  Let's just say....I wasn't happy with myself.  But, new beginnings...again...right?  Anyway, the scale read 189.  Not quite 190..right?  I can do this!!

So, I am supposed to insert a snack mid morning.  I really had no idea what that should entail and with all the research I have done in the past week or so, there was a lot of conflicting information.  I nibbled on a few raw almonds and then resorted back to the "snacks" they provide.  Honestly, I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be saved for cleanse days, or used now and it dawned on me that they probably would like me to use their products for snacks so I run out too fast and have to buy more.  I decided that on lunch I would reach out to my coach and see what she recommends.

I made it to lunchtime and had my 2nd shake.  Because I don't have a nutribullet here at work, I just used the shaker cup they provided in my shipment.  I added some ice to about 8 oz of water and shook it up.  I was surprised that it actually thickened up really nicely.  I am glad of that because I am not a fan of watery protein shakes.  I also messaged my coach and she told me to incorporate "real food" snacks and save the product ones for cleanse days.  Sounds good to me!

The rest of my day should consist of one more snack.  (almonds it is) and then tonight I plan on cooking up some salmon with a salad and maybe some sort of whole grain or something of the like.  I am also supposed to take one more Natural Accelerator today and then before bed I should take something called IsaFlush, which does about what it says...help with digestion.  Oh, and drink lots of water.

These shake days are supposed to continue for a couple days and then I do 2 cleanse days.  Because of my schedule the rest of this week and weekend, I am opting to continue the shake days until Monday so I will probably tune back in then with an update, unless I really feel like I need to talk about this some more.  It could happen!

The main thing is...it hasn't been terrible.  Hopefully I will feel the same way tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment