Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 4....I'm Dying

I finished Day 1 of Week 4 in my Couch to 5K challenge.  I think I am going to die.  Remember people, I am terribly unfit.  Easily 100 pounds overweight right now.  I pounded the hell out of that treadmill this morning.  Yes, I completed it.  I truly thought at least 2 times I was going to have to stop as my legs felt like they were seizing up on me.  But, I didn't.  And, I am pretty sure my body is going to make me pay for it ALL DAY.

Nevertheless, here are my results!

Over the weekend, I did some more blog reading and video watching.  I need to stay inspired and well prepared with knowledge about what I am up against.  It wasn't easy either.  I am so weak when it comes to giving into my husband's snack attacks.  I did try to not keep up with him though.  That man can tuck away 15 popsicles, 6 doughnuts, 6 zingers, whatever I make for dinner, Ruffles with bean dip and canned nuts,  And, that's just Sunday! And he's a normal sized guy.  With all that crap around the house, I invariable find myself eating it too.  I can't be doing that anymore!  Plus it makes me feel like death warmed over the next morning.  All the rougher on me to finish my workout, I have no doubt.

Everything I have been reading is that the surgery is doing all the work for me the first 7 months post-op.  It's a tool...and in that 7 months, it's my responsibility to relearn everything I ever knew or did about healthy eating.  It's not uncommon for people to regain weight after, or get on a slippery slope back into bad habits.  I DO NOT want to be in that statistic.  I am only doing this once.  When I get a healthy weight I am going to allow a 5 pound fluctuation, but I can't let things get out of control.

I can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment