Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Couch to 5K

I decided I am going to try to use the app, Coach to 5K as a tool to help speed up my metabolism and lose some weight.  I finished day 1!  I honestly didn't think I could do this because, Shelley doesn't run.  In fact, Shelley has a difficult time consistently walking!  Day 1 entailed, a 5 minute walking warm up, then 6 intervals of running (I jogged) 1 minute and walking 1.5 minutes,  I finished up with 5 more minutes of walking and I was done.  I completed it!  I am sweating like a pig, but I did it!



Here is my proof of completion.  I will take a day off and then do day 2 on Thursday and day 3 on Saturday.

Here was my treadmill display when I was done.  It was projected to take 25 minutes, so I guess I did it right.  I didn't realize the program was built into the app, so I was silly and did the intervals with my phone's stop watch. Next time I will let the app do it for me.  I probably was supposed to do this at a faster pace than I did, but my heart rate was up there around 165, so probably I did it correctly by setting a pace I could manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment