Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Drama Mama

Whew, what a week and it's only Wednesday!  As mentioned in an earlier post, I had a mammogram last Friday.  Once it was done, I pretty much forgot all about it.  Then yesterday, I come out of a long meeting at work to discover my doctor left me a voice message to call her office.  I look at the clock and it's already after 5:00 PM, so the office is closed.  Of course, I do what any one would do when faced with a worrisome call wanting to discuss "lab results"...I FREAK OUT!  I came home from work worried and upset and fell into an immediate depression.  I have breast cancer...I'm going to have to endure lots of tests and treatments...I could die....I am definitely not going to be approved for my surgery now...  ALL these things looped through my head.  I arrived home and filled my face with anything I could find (emotional eater?  I guess so!)  I put a Korean drama on the TV so that I had to force myself to read subtitles and divert my brain from worrying, but not before scouring through google, trying to find some reassurance that the just because the doctor calls to discuss lab results, doesn't mean there is a problem.  But, the majority of information out there is the complete opposite.  Usually, there is no call UNLESS there is a problem.

I knew the doctor's office opens at 8:00 AM, so I wait until exactly 8:07 and call.  I get routed to a service and am placed in the forever call center loop until finally someone comes on the phone and tell me they will have to get a message to a nurse to call me back.  I stop her in her tracks and tell her that I have been stressed ALL night and need to speak with a nurse now...I will wait.  They must have heard the panic in my voice and place me on hold.  Thankfully, the doctors nurse gets on the line eventually to tell me....everything is normal.  Oh my goodness....I thanked her, hung up and proceeded to fall into a million pieces for just a minute and break down in tears.  What a relief!!!

In other news...I completed Days 1 and 2 of Weeks 3's Couch to 5K.  This mornings seemed to go by in a blur because my brain was on breast cancer panic.  BUT, I did it.  Go Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment