Thursday, September 8, 2016

wherein, I take the matter into my own hands

I will be so grateful to put this cpap saga to bed so I can move forward with life.

I got tired of the waiting and wondering so I took control of the situation yesterday, and called my insurance company.  My question was, "why is it taking forever to get a response back to Norco on coverage for my cpap machine?"  Their reply was, "There is no pre-authorization needed to get a cpap.  If your doctor says you need it, we cover it".  I called the doctor and gave them this information and they were like, "oh, really?  Let us call them then".

Ten minutes later I get a call from Norco.  "We looked on your insurance companies website and it said we needed pre-authorization before they would pay."  I explained that I have talked to my insurance company, and they will pay.  They asked me if I would be willing to sign something that states I will be responsible for paying for the machine if they don't pay, and I said "yes" because they will pay.  So the long and short of it is, I am supposed to go there today at 3:00 to get the machine.

They better pay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment