Wednesday, September 14, 2016

CPAP Update

Last night I completed Day 6 on my sleep therapy.  The 1st couple night weren't too bad, but Monday night I am not sure what happened, but when I woke up Tuesday I felt like death warmed over.  The therapy results say I am on target, but I felt like I had no sleep at all.  I spent the entire day walking through a tired fog and constantly yawned.  It was terrible.  I am hoping something else was contributing to the exhausted feeling.  I was concerned about dehydration, so am going to try and increase my fluid intake this week.  

This morning I woke up around 3:30, checked that the data said it was sufficient, and tossed the mask off to try and get in some normal sleep before work.  I never could fall back asleep though, so gave up on that and have been awake ever since.  So far, however, I don't feel too badly.  Nothing like yesterday.

I made a protein shake out of chocolate flavored protein isolate powder, a banana and some milk.  I had hoped to use some almond milk, but it was way past expired so I went with real milk.  Why not?  I haven't had surgery yet.

I am trying to limit carbonated drinks and caffeine as I get closer to my surgery month..  (Which I hope is November sometime).  Thinking ahead to November, and Thanksgiving being right at the end, my husband and I discussed that we might want to have a big family dinner before the surgery happens so we can gather the children home and have the turkey with all the trimmings.  I guess we will play that one by ear and see how things transpire.

Another big thing going on is my son sent his mission papers in and we are not sure when he will be leaving us for his mission. We could hear back on this at any time.

I do worry that the pulmonary doctor is going to want to continue to monitor the sleep therapy,  If that is the case, my surgery will be prolonged even longer than I was counting on.  I guess I can only hope and pray that he will be satisfied with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment