Monday, September 3, 2018

I can do this...

It's been quite a few months since my last update on this blog.  I think its an important one to keep up on though, so here I am.  As I mentioned in previous posts about 4 or so months ago, my son and his family moved in with us.  They found their own place in August.  It was nice having them here, and I did enjoy the grandkids a lot, but my diet suffered.  Around Mother's Day, I caved in with a big chocolate truffle.  And then, it was downhill from there.  I had all kinds of carbs and really just stopped the Ketogenic diet altogether.  This was compounded when I visited the doctor and she told me I shouldn't be doing the keto diet as well.  Honestly though, I could tell she didn't really know much about it and so it makes sense that would be the case.   But, I used it as an excuse for eating things I shouldn't be.  Anyway, to make a long story shorter...over the months I packed weight back on.

In August, I came down with a sinus infection and that spiraled into pneumonia.  I visited the doctor twice in that time and on the first visit I was around 196 pounds and then on the last visit, I was at 199 pounds.  That really was a wake up call for me.  I had this feeling if I went back over 200 lbs, I was a goner.  The following week, despite feeling lousy with pneumonia, I started back on Keto.  It was made a little easier because I had a couple sick days from work and since I was already feeling ill, I knew that the kept flu I had previously would just be part of my general illness anyway.  It worked out fine.  According to testing of my blood, I was in mild ketosis within about 3 days.  It's been 3 weeks now, and I am back down to 190 pounds.  I can see the 180's right around the corner.

I was looking back through all my charts and it looks like my lowest weight since surgery was 167.7 on 6/15/17.  And, at that time, I was feeling pretty "skinny" for me, so maybe 165 will be my new goal weight?  Or something close to that anyway.

I have also signed up, through my insurance with Omada.  They sent me a scale that I weigh on each day and it automatically sends that information to be charted.  There is no specific food plan with the program,  so that is perfect for following Keto while I am doing this.  My main focus is trying to stay within my macros and drinking enough water.

My 2 year anniversary from my surgery is in November, and personally, I would really like to weigh around 175 if possible.  That would be very satisfying for me.  And I think with about 10 weeks, I should be able to achieve that realistically.

So, that is the latest update.

No comments:

Post a Comment