Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Trying to Find my Happy Place

It may seem like I am desperate, but I really know I need to find my comfort zone for weight loss and maintenance.  Gaining weight after a successful weight loss is the worst!  It might even be worse than being fat to start with.  Having the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow dangled in front of me...just out of reach, and then denied.  Maybe a little dramatic?

I don't want to be negative about Isagenix.  It was something that got me thinking about losing weight in a more positive light.  It showed me that I can have cleanse days (or fast) and I won't die in the process.  But, it also is drinking meal replacements, and I don't enjoy that.  Life shouldn't be constant denial of all things that we crave.  Like chewing food.  So, I have a huge box of unopened Isagenix products in. my pantry.  Any takers?

So, maybe the shakes and cleanse products weren't my thing.  Then what is?  How am I going to get this regain off and then lose the rest of the weight I want to lose.  Or maybe its just getting the regain off of me and being happy where I was?  It wasn't a bad place to be, after all.

I am in week 4 of doing Keto.  I'm not going to explain this way of eating here because no one reads this anyway, but it helps me to write, so therefore I write.  What have I learned after 4 weeks?
  • I can do this
  • I am not missing the popcorn and black licorice (hahaha)
  • Savory food is my favorite anyway
  • Butter, coconut oil, olive oil, bacon, eggs, meats, fish, cheese, cream---seriously?
  • Chicken smothered in parmesan, cream and garlic with mushrooms?  Yes!
  • Hot wings drenched in butter and hot sauce?  Yes
  • Bacon and Eggs?
  • Real Cream in my coffee?
  • A juicy steak with a side salad and REAL full fat dressing?  YES!
Could a person lose weight doing this?  Apparently they can!   I have.  My weight had got up to 193. I did the Isagenix, had a nice loss, and gained it right back with a few extra pounds.  I remember that cycle and it scared me.  I am now, at the 3 week level down to just under 184 pounds.  It's not super fast loss, but it's loss.  I am trying not to focus on the scale too much though.  There are so many fluctuations anyway.  But, my blood sugars are lower than ever and I seem to be sleeping pretty good now as well as feeling full during the day.

Evenings are still a little problem, but I have found that nuts, some cheese, or even a little natural peanut butter seem to help me.

High Fat, very low carbs and just a moderate amount of protein.  It's working....

No comments:

Post a Comment