Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!  Yesterday we had a lovely family event for Christmas Eve.  Everyone that lived in the area was able to come over and celebrate with us. Of course, my sons, Jordan and Trey were not able to be there because Jordan is in Hawaii now and Trey in the mission training center.

I did get some very nice photos though, and thought I would share on this post.

Here is my husband and I
We woke up to a snowy morning.  It actually started the day before so we accumulated a lot before Christmas Eve,
My two oldest sons.  Brandon on the left and Jeremy on the right.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that my face and overall body appeared better in the photographs.  I was concerned about that to be honest.  Since I have to go back to work on Tuesday, I feel a little bit of anxiety that I will be gone for 6 weeks and have nothing to show for it.  I know that I have some body dysmorphia and probably always will, but these pictures made me feel good about my progress.

The past week has  been a bit hard on me.  Mainly because Trey is gone for 2 years and  this big house seems very empty without him.  I tried to stay busy though and focus on getting ready for Christmas.  I also had 3 doctors appointments.  First of all, I saw Rachel, the surgeon's PA concerning my progress. She was pleased and said I was doing well. She doesn't want to see me again until February 1st.  After that, I met with the nutritionist, and she laid out the plan for the next 3 months.  Basically, I can eat most things except for pasta, bread, starchy vegetables and crackers.  I expected that to be the case and I understand why.  These kind of carbs are my trouble foods anyway, so it would be best I avoid them until I can get my weight where I need it to be.

I also visited with my primary care physician on Friday.  She is pleased with my progress too.  In only 1 month my blood sugar went from an A1C score of 10.2 to 7.8.  I am hoping to get below 7 or even a 6 at my next appointment in March.  My blood sugars have been very low in the past week.  And when I say low, I mean NORMAL!  Sometimes under 100 and normally, all under 110.  I can't even believe it.  I am taking Metformin again once a day and a quarter of the dose I used to take.  I am not giving myself any insulin injections now because I would be too worried about low blood sugar because that can be something rather difficult  to manage.  Especially since I am going back to work this week.

I guess I haven't talked about weight loss.  Especially since week 5 officially occurred 5 days ago.  My weight has been a strange thing.  I am tracking my food everyday and know that the protein is where it should be, as well as calories (although I am not really tracking calories), and my weight actually went up.  Its my own fault for weighing myself every day, but I also know I am not likely to quit that habit.  At least one day in the week, I was down to 117.4 lbs.  That's nearly 30 pounds lost since surgery!  It will be interesting to see where I end up this week because it seems like the weight isn't changing much.  I know its all to be expected from time to time.

My husband got me a new Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and I am rededicating myself to getting on the treadmill while its snowy and icy outside and then I will hit the pathways and roads in the spring when the weather improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment