Thursday, December 15, 2016

An emotional Week


I didn't get my one month results in for week 4 this week, but I will weigh myself tomorrow to make that official.  With our trip to Salt Lake City this week, I wasn't home to weigh myself and to be honest, have been a little depressed since then.  It's to be expected, I said goodbye to my youngest son for 2 years.  I am proud of him, but do feel very emotional at this point.


Anyway, the week has been difficult as far as weight loss goes.  I suppose it's adjusting to eating soft foods and salt in the food and how I retain water.  I am not really sure.  I know there is something about the 3 week stall, and I suppose that I could have done the 4 week stall instead.  But, I can't seriously have supposed that I continue losing at the same rate I was previously.  I imagine that wouldn't be very safe.  It sure was exciting though!!

Tonight was the first time since my surgery that I vomited after eating.  I made myself a lovely piece of cod and some asparagus.  I am not quite sure what happened but about 1/2 way through I started to feel so very full.  I did get up and put the remainder away and just felt the worst sensation of being so full that it was painful.  I knew I needed to try and take the "top" off of what was seeming to feel like it was sitting at the top of my sleeve or the opening to my sleeve, and before I knew it, the entire contents of my sleeve was up and out.  It was pretty bad too.  I discovered that there was no bile, which is a good thing and part of the worst when having to vomit, but I also felt like I was going to choke before I could get through the process.  Ugh...awful moment.

I am still having a very difficult time with my liquids.  I am hard pressed to get in 64 oz a day, let alone 1/2 that amount.  Tomorrow, I am going to make a concentrated effort to get it accomplished.

This past week I decided to make some traditional Christmas cookies.  Of course, since I am not tempted by sweets, I didn't have much difficulty avoiding just eating one.  They were really fun to make though.  All eaten up now too, since we offered them as part of my son's open house refreshments. 



 One thing I have enjoyed this week are homemade soups.  This is a white bean soup that I made in my crock pot.  It was quite delicious  I will add the recipe to my collection to share.  I froze a bunch of small portions of it so I can eat it later on too.  



While in Salt Lake City, my son wanted to eat in a special restaurant that overlooked temple square.  It was a lovely restaurant, but a bit overpriced.  I knew that whatever I ate, it would only be a small portion...and I was correct!  But, I did have the /salmon.  There were mashed potatoes and a balsamic/cranberry sauce at the bottom that I avoided for the most part, but the fish and asparagus were tasty.  I ate about 1/2 of that.  It was sort of a waste of money, but the occasion was special, so I am going with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment