Sunday, March 14, 2021

Another Year, Another Update

 I truly should come in here and update more frequently because I really think the process is helpful for me in a lot of ways.  But here it is, almost a year since my last post...and not a whole lot has changed.  The world is still in an upheaval and COVID is rampant everywhere.  I still am working from home and I must say I am very thankful that I have been able to keep a steady income coming in.   However, there are things that come up with a lot of loneliness.  My depression has been a no-joke.  My doctor recommended that I start taking the anti-depressants again last November.  She also increased my diabetes medication and added in cholesterol medication.  And of course, the ever present high blood pressure.  But, here we are a few months later and I got things under control.  How?  Well, my last post talked about how I had been doing Keto. And that went well until about May, and I went off and just gave in to every thing I felt like eating.  I managed to gain back plus a few more pounds.  I was pretty disappointed in myself.  It was probably another contributor to my depression.  But, after Thanksgiving I decided to get back on track....to I did serious Keto until the week of Christmas, and allowed myself to break from it during that time. After the new year, I went back on again and stuck with it until my birthday weekend at the close of February.  Back on track after that and here I am mid March and today weighed in an even 200 lbs.  Truly thankful I was able to lose those pounds I gain, but now am going to try and shoot for more.  My goal?  Mostly, just to fit into the clothes in my closet.  

I had another round of blood work with my doctor at the beginning of this month and EVERYTHING had improved so much.  She reduced my blood sugar medication back down, and she was surprised with the weight loss.  She said that Keto should be fine as long as I modify it somewhat.  I don't think she wants me to go too low on carbs.  I am still pretty low overall, but have allowed myself an occasional piece of fruit and am not really counting the carbs in vegetables.  Actually, I am mostly just avoiding bread and potatoes and pasta.  Also sugar.  And I am starting some exercise again.  I really had not done any exercise for a year!  

It's been a rough year.  I have had friends pass away and even a co-worker pass away due to suicide in the fall.  3 of my 4 sons had the virus as well as their families.  It's truly no joke,  I am going to get the vaccination very soon and hope to avoid it altogether.

And that's my update.

No comments:

Post a Comment